Our daily choices in all areas of life can have a significant compounding effect over time. These two health choices are finally overcoming the myths related to them in the recent (several decades) past.
One: Choose butter instead of margarine.
From the cover of Time Magazine from 6/23/14: “Eat Butter. Scientists labeled fat the enemy. Why they were wrong.”
It’s important to know that not all fat is created equal, and it’s the “good” fat that isn’t the enemy. The trans fats in many margarine brands (and loads of packaged products) are examples of unhealthy fats to avoid.
Butter is real food, and it has health-enhancing components. Plus it tastes better than the imposters!
Go organic if at all possible, along with “grass fed / pasture fed.”
Two: Choose eggs instead of egg replacements.
1) Whole eggs are nutrient-packed super foods. Note that many of the nutrients are in the yolk, and the white has the protein. Nutrients include some superstars for your brain, for protecting your eye health, and for various processes in the body.
2) Many studies show eggs actually improve your cholesterol profile. Just because a food contains cholesterol doesn’t mean it will raise the bad cholesterol in your blood.
3) Eggs are a great protein source, with all of the essential amino acids in the right ratios.
4) Studies show eggs at breakfast can help you lose body fat.
5) They’re a great bang for the buck, taste great, and go well with many vegetables. Great for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner!
Go organic and free range if at all possible. And according to health experts, the best way to eat them to maximize your benefits is soft scrambled (with a little butter of course, see above), poached, or gently fried to maintain the integrity of this value-packed super food.
Enjoy, and reach out if I can be of help in your journey.
Feel your best. Look your best. LIVE your best!