Not sure about you, but I don’t really need an excuse to eat some delicious dark chocolate.
That said, it’s Sweetest Day today — or Sweetest Day Weekend as some like to say — and that definitely calls for some chocolate!
A few days ago I saw a recipe for a Chocolate Bread that looked like a match for our 360 Wellness Edge recipe criteria:
- Quick prep
- Great taste
- Healthy ingredients (especially if you choose organic whenever you can, to minimize toxins in your body)
I used the Beyond Hot Chocolate packets featured in the recipe, however you could substitute something else if you prefer. One of the things I love about this hot chocolate powder is the bonus ingredient that helps support the immune system & cardiovascular health. Any help for the immune system these days is a great thing. And when it’s delicious like this stuff… Are you kidding me?!? Can’t pass this one up!
As usual, I tweaked a few things in the recipe: (Can anyone else relate?)
- Included the cinnamon and the vanilla — about 3/4 teaspoon of each.
- Melted the butter in a small pan on low heat before adding to the rest of the ingredients.
- Used Organic Coconut Palm Sugar instead of the caster sugar. Full disclosure: I didn’t have any caster sugar & had to Google it to see what it was. (Anyone else willing to admit that, too?) 🙂
- Instead of milk, I used coconut milk creamer.
- Oh — and I also added some mini chocolate chips on the top of the batter as you can see here:
The recipe didn’t describe how to combine the ingredients, and it worked out fine to simply put all ingredients (except the mini chips) into a medium size mixing bowl and stir them up until the batter looked smooth.
After 45 minutes, it still looked more like batter or a thick soup than anything else, so it hung out in the oven for another 15 minutes before I took it out. While the baking time is a bit longer than what you may see in some recipes, some people love the idea of baking with less heat because it can help retain more nutrient value in the ingredients.
I actually made the Chocolate Bread last night and kept it in the refrigerator (covered). It definitely wasn’t over done, so it had a rich, velvety texture — especially in the center — and was almost like fudge in a way.
Perfect for a Sweetest Day snack earlier today!
Enjoy it any time this weekend, or ANY TIME you’re hearing the Call of the Chocolate. 😉
Please let us know what you think in the Comments section if you make this recipe now or in the future!
And as always, please reach out if I can be of help in your quest to Feel Great, Look Great, & LIVE Great!